As I mentioned in my earlier breadfruit post, my mother tried out a couple of breadfruit dishes recently. I enjoyed the breadfruit curry but I enjoyed more the breadfruit fries she made. So, this weekend, I’d like to share my mother’s recipe for breadfruit fries and bring it to Angie‘s Fiesta Friday #101, co-hosted by Jhuls and Mr.Fitz.
I was listening to some Sri Lankan music this week and the song I am sharing today is from the recently released movie Ho Gaana Pokuna (translation: The Singing Pond), directed by Indika Ferdinando and lyrics by Kusumsiri Liyanaarachchi. The film won the Teacher’s Choice Prize in the Chicago international children’s film festival.
Have a lovely weekend!
- Breadfruit – 1 cup, chopped
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger, garlic, to taste
- Curry leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the chopped breadfruit with salt and pepper.
- Deep fry the pieces and keep aside.
- Chop 1 onion and lightly fry the onion with chopped ginger, garlic and curry leaves in a pan. Add curry powder and salt to taste.
- Stir in the deep-fried breadfruit pieces and mix well.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.