Since there were a couple of different mangoes in the house, I felt like using some in a salad. I was also curious about trying out tea in a salad dressing so concocted this – Salad Colombo. Why Salad Colombo? Because I used locally produced ingredients from different parts of the country brought together in Colombo. So, why not Salad Colombo? 🙂
I am taking this crunchy, tangy, bitter-sweet salad over to Angie’s FF#122, co-hosted this week by Aruna@Aharam and Mollie@The Frugal Hausfrau and for the first time, the party at Throwback Thursday #44, hosted by Quinn@Dad What’s 4 Dinner, Mollie@The Frugal Hausfrau, Carlee@Cooking with Carlee, Meaghan@4 Sons ‘R’ Us and Alli@Tornadough Alli.
I have been listening to Coldplay the whole day so decided to feature a song I liked.
Hope you enjoy the salad and the featured song for this week.
- Lettuce leaves
- Mango – ½ (large) or 1 (small)
- Pomegranate – 2 tbsp
Pomegranate and lime infused Orange pekoe tea dressing:
- Lime/ orange juice – 1 tbsp
- Pomegranate juice – 1 tsp
- Tea – 1 – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- Clean and chop up the lettuce leaves and arrange on a plate or bowl.
- Add sliced mango and pomegranate to the plate.
- Prepare the salad dressing by preparing a strong black tea and transferring about 2 tsp to a little bowl.
- Add the freshly processed pomegranate juice to the tea. Let it sit for a few minutes before adding the lime juice. (I prefer lime to orange juice for the dressing)
- If you wish, add salt and pepper, to taste. I didn’t add any in my version preferring the tanginess of the lime to be enough but my mother preferred adding a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.