Earlier this week, I shared my mother’s recipe for jackfruit stir-fry. Today, I am sharing another one of her jackfruit recipes – jackfruit fritters. I am bringing a few over to Angie‘s Fiesta Friday #111, co-hosted by Naina and Julianna.
Given that I have been listening to mostly Sufi songs this week, I decided to share another Sufi song that I enjoyed listening to. This clip is also from MTV Coke Studio’s YouTube channel. The musicians are Ustad Raees Khan (sitar) and Abida Parveen.
Happy Fiesta Friday!
- Jackfruit – ½ cup, finely chopped
- Flour – ¼ cup
- Onion – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Chilli – 1 or 2
- Breadcrumbs – 3 tbsp
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper and Salt, to taste
- Fry the chopped onion and chilli in a pan.
- Add the finely chopped jackfruit pieces to the pan and stir-fry until cooked.
- Mix the flour, breadcrumbs, curry powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add the fried jackfruit, onion and chilli mix to the flour mix.
- Prepare the fritter dough by adding little water to the mix.
- Divide the dough into 10 balls.
- Flatten each ball and deep fry, flipping over the fritters so that they are browned uniformly on both sides.
- Serve immediately with rice or on its own.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.