This month, I’d like to share my mother’s recipe for chocolate biscuit pudding. A very popular dessert in Sri Lanka, chocolate biscuit pudding is an easy-to-make, delicious dessert that can handle different variations to its layers.
As I enjoy my slice of the pudding today, I wish you all a merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
Chocolate Biscuit Pudding
- Gold Marie biscuits (or other appropriate biscuit of your choice) – 3 packets (180 g)
- Milk flavoured with cocoa powder or melted chocolate – 1 cup
- Plain milk – ¼ cup
- Margarine – 100g
- Icing sugar – 250g
- Cashew nuts – 100g
- Mix icing sugar and butter. Add the chocolate milk slowly until the mix becomes creamy.
- Soak the biscuits in plain milk and line the pyrex dish or dessert pan with a thickness of two biscuits.
- Spread the cream over the base layer and sprinkle some of the chopped nuts. Add another layer of biscuits soaked in the plain milk and repeat the process of adding the cream and nuts. The biscuit pudding can have as many layers as you want but 2-3 layers are good.
- Spread the remaining cream on top of the dessert. Decorate with strawberries.
- Refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes before serving.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.