I have not been as active on this blog during the past year in comparison to my first year. That was bound to happen at some point. It follows that after a year of much activity on this blog, I was relatively quieter in the last twelve months especially as I was away from home. It did not mean I stopped cooking. On the contrary, I did a lot of cooking much more than I do when I am at home but they were less focused on Sri Lankan recipes and when I did cook something Sri Lankan, I would choose one of my mother’s recipes already posted on this blog. I have been doing a lot of baking and I am delighted that I am now able to make delicious scones and pretty decent rye bread.
Having returned home last month, I look forward to resuming posting on this blog.
Today’s recipe is a simple green beans curry which I really like.
Green Beans Curry
- Green beans – 1 cup, chopped into 1” pieces
- Onion – ½, chopped
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Coconut milk – ¼ cup
- Fry the chopped green beans, onion, curry leaves and fennel seeds lightly in a little oil for about 2 mins.
- Add the water, chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 15 – 20 mins, until cooked.
- Add coconut milk and a little chilli powder, if the spice level is not sufficient.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan