This week’s recipe is the last of the five recipes sent in by Trevor Martil. I am bringing this recipe, together with some lovely music from Senegal, to Fiesta Friday.
Today’s featured musician is Youssou N’Dour. The first clip is from an 80s concert of Le Super Etoile de Dakar.
The next clip is a music video (1994) composed by Youssou N’Dour, Neneh Cherry, Cameron McVey and Jonathan Sharp.
Hope you enjoyed the songs and do send me your feedback if you try out the recipe given below! 🙂
Potato Layered Pie
- 250g flaky pastry
- 250g potatoes
- 150g boiled minced meat (vegetarians can substitute this with mushroom or vegetarian sausage)
- 30g butter or vegetable oil margarine
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- MD ginger paste and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon MD tomato sauce and chilli sauce
- curry leaves
- 30g cheese
- parsley and chopped tomatoes, for garnish
- Make flaky pastry and keep aside.
- Stir-fry onions, curry leaves, ginger and garlic paste, boiled minced meat or vegetarian substitute and boiled mashed potatoes.
- Mix the tempered ingredients well.
- Add a beaten egg, sauces and seasoning.
- Roll the pastry cut into squares.
- Sprinkle cheese and parsley and the potato mixture. Roll it to a cone shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and tomatoes.
Recipe source: Trevor Martil.