This week features my favourite kottu under the kottu series – paneer kottu, which I am bringing to Fiesta Friday #30.
Today’s A.R.Rahman songs are from his most recent movie work. The first clip is an excerpt from the concert in Mumbai promoting Imtiaz Ali’s movie Rockstar (2011) starring Ranbir Kapoor. The singers in this Hindi song clip are Mohit Chauhan, A.R.Rahman and his team together with Ranbir Kapoor.
The second song is a clip from MTV Unplugged. The Tamil song is from Mani Ratnam’s movie Kadal (translation: Sea, 2013) with playback singer Shakthishree Gopalan.
The last song clip is from Imtiaz Ali’s movie Highway (2014) starring Alia Bhatt and Randeep Hooda. The playback singers of this Punjabi song are Sultana Nooran and Jyoti Nooran.
Hope you enjoyed the most recent of A.R.Rahman’s music! I am sure you will also enjoy this paneer kottu!
- Atta roti – 2, chopped
- Paneer – ½ cup, chopped
- Onion – ½
- Green chilli – 1
- Ginger – 1 tsp, chopped
- Garlic – 1 tsp, chopped
- Tomato – 1, chopped
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and lightly fry the onion, ginger and garlic for 2 mins.
- Then add the chopped tomato and continue frying for another 2 mins.
- Add 1 tsp curry powder and a little water. Cook for a min.
- Remove from heat and transfer pan contents to a blender. Blend the mix and then return the spiced tomato puree to the pan. Re-heat.
- Add the paneer cubes and cook for 2 mins.
- Finally, add the chopped atta roti to the pan. Mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve warm.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.