Thank you, Linda, for nominating me for the readership award. I have always enjoyed your blog and am delighted to be nominated by you once again.
This award is meant to be passed on to 14 blogs whom one has enjoyed reading during a particular week. As such, I would like to nominate the following lovely bloggers with their posts that I enjoyed during the last week.
- Shailja from Sweet and Savoury – Tofu Butter Masala
- Anjana from At the corner of happy and harried – Aloo Palak Paratha
- Chitra from Chitra’s Healthy Kitchen – Methi raw mango brown rice
- Sapana from Cooking with Sapana – Chhattisgarh snack Khaza
- Vidya from Traditionally Modern Food – Thenga Aracha Kuzhambu
- Susan from Watch Hatch Fly – Meditation room update
- Suzanne from A pug in the kitchen – Orecchiette
- Elaine from Foodbod – Spiced salads
- Aditi and Nikil from Confused Bawarchis – Spicy fruit roll-ups
- Naina from Spice in the City – Elderflower madeleines
- Charanya from Yes! I’m Vegan – Korma
- Nimmi from Adorable life – Summer drink
- Brian from Love, Food and Beer – Berry-Rhubarb Crisp
- Kanzen Sakura – Key lime and peach ice-cream
Next, I would like to thank Nimmi for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger award. I am honoured to accept it and am happy to have come across your lovely blog through Angie’s Fiesta Friday event.
I understand that part of the nomination acceptance includes sharing 7 things about oneself and nominating 15 other bloggers. I decided the thing I would share today would be books so here are the names of 7 of my all-time favourite books, in reverse alphabetical order.
- Under the banyan tree and other stories (actually all of R.K.Narayan’s short stories)
- To kill a mockingbird
- The Razor’s Edge
- Pride and Prejudice
- Of mice and men
- Franny and Zooey
I would like to nominate the following wonderful bloggers for the Versatile Blogger award.
- Abby From Welcome to Abby’s Kitchen
- Angie from The Novice Gardener
- Apsara from Eating Well Diary
- Aruna from Aharam
- Azita from Fig & Quince
- Indu from Indu’s International Kitchen
- Jhuls from The Not So Creative Cook
- Laura from The Seasoned Traveller
- Linda from La Petite Paniere
- Margherita from La Petite Casserole
- Mermaid’s Tresses
- Pansy from Ice Cream Magazine
- Prudy from Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs
- Sonal from Simply Vegetarian
- Sue from Birgerbird
To wrap up this post, I would like to share this beautiful debut song of Harini, from the movie Indira (1995), with music composed by A.R.Rahman and lyrics written by Vairamuthu. Trained in Carnatic music from a young age, Harini was noticed by A.R.Rahman in a school contest and was introduced to the movie playback singing world through Suhasini Maniratnam’s movie ‘Indira’.
Have a good day!