First, my apologies to Sanjana of Feeding the Sonis as I meant to pay forward her blog award a few months back but somehow missed it. Better late than never. So, here goes…
Thank you, Sanjana. I am honoured to be considered part of your WordPress blog family. Thank you for sending me feedback on my food posts regularly. I enjoy your posts as well and hope to try out a couple of the Fijian food on your blog sometime. For now, I would like to nominate the following lovely bloggers for this special award.
- Indu @ Indu’s International Kitchen
- Linda @ La Petite Paniere
- Diana @ Little Bits of Nice
- Malar @ Malar’s Kitchen
- Ronit @ Tasty Eats
- Angie @ The Novice Gardener
- Sonal @ Simply Vegetarian
- Radhika @ SugarnSpice
- Susan @ Watch Hatch Fly
- Charanya @ Yes! I’m Vegan
Next, I would like to thank Charanya of Yes! I’m Vegan and Malar of Malar’s Kitchen for nominating me for the Liebster blog award. I enjoy checking out the vegan recipe posts of Charanya and the kitchen experiment posts of Malar.
Responding to Charanya’s 11 questions:
- What’s your favorite cuisine? My mother’s home-cooking.
- What would be the last meal you will love to eat? I’d prefer to drink some fresh, cool and clean water. I’d rather not go to my afterlife with a parched throat 😉
- What is your favorite vege? Paithangai/ Yardlong beans
- Do you watch Game of Thrones? No.
- If you are vegan, why? If not, do you think you could be one for few days? I am not vegan but the food in my home leans mostly towards vegan.
- Is there anything your life wont be the same without? my mother.
- What’s your favorite movie? Salangai Oli (1983).
- Is there any color you loved as a kid? Blue. I still love the colour.
- Is there anything you would change in your life if life had a rewind button? I would go back to those moments when I have judged situations viewed through very rigid lens and respond differently.
- Do you own an iphone or an android? An android.
- 3 words that could describe you: Life long learner.
Responding to Malar’s 5 questions:
- Your Favorite tourist spot? Weligama bay area in south Sri Lanka
- Weekends what do you do? Mostly read.
- Have you done anything crazy? Definition of crazy is relative, I guess. For someone who has never danced since my childhood, a group of friends and I once danced to north African music playing from our truck in an otherwise empty car park at the base of Mauna Kea in Hawai’i. What can I say? It was a full moon night 🙂
- Who is your favorite Actor/Actress ? I generally have favourite movies rather than favourite actors but after considering the fact that Kamal Haasan seems to have acted in most of the Tamil movies that I have really enjoyed, I guess my favourite actor is Kamal Haasan. I do consider him South Asia’s best actor.
- Something which you love to do other than cooking: Travelling.
My nominations for the Liebster blog award are following lovely bloggers:
- Simi @ Acasadisimi
- Hilda @ Along the Grapevine
- Sue @ birgerbird
- Gerard @ Bread and Tortillas
- Maria @ Dinner Bank
- Apsara @ Eating Well Diary
- Sanjana @ Feeding the Sonis
- Elmarie @ Flippenblog
- Julianna @ Foodie on Board
- Michelle @ Giraffes Can Bake
- Nino @ iCookonboard
- Linda @ La Petite Paniere
- Malin @ Our Swedish-American Pantry
- Selma @ Selma’s Table
- Rhonda @ The Thankful Heart
Instead of the questions, I only have one request to those accepting the above nominations. Please do share one of your favourite music clips on your acceptance/ nomination post.
To wrap up this post, I’d like to share a colourful folksy song from the movie Azhagiya Tamil Magan (2007) starring Vijay Chandrasekhar and Shriya Saran. Credits: music composed by A.R.Rahman, playback singers are Benny Dayal, Archith and Dharshana.
Thank you to all the readers of this blog! Have a lovely week!