It is nice to have something sweet to welcome the weekend. So, today’s recipe is sweet yoghurt rice, a very easy and yummy dish to make. It has been a long time since I participated in one of Angie’s Fiesta Fridays so I am sharing this post in Fiesta Friday #15.
Today’s featured music is of a special percussion group called Elephant Foot.
The first piece that I am sharing here, Rainforest, is what caught my attention some years ago. Since then, I have kept my ears open for more of their music. So far, they have released three albums.
The second is from their most recent album – Elephant Foot.
Enjoy the drum beats of Elephant Foot/ Hikkaduwa drummers as you tuck into this delicious treat!
Sweet Yoghurt Rice
Time taken: 25 mins
- White raw rice or Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Raisins – 2 tsp
- Nuts (any) – 2 tsp
- Banana – ½ or 1, sliced
- Honey or coconut treacle, as required
- Boil the rice and let it cool.
- Whisk the yoghurt well to make it creamy. Fold in the raisins and chopped nuts.
- Little by little, add the rice to the creamy mix.
- Chill for at least 5 mins.
- Serve with banana slices and drizzled with honey or coconut treacle.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.