With regard to the seven random things to share as part of the acceptance of the nomination, I decided to share something about my mother this time as she is the main contributor of the recipes on this blog and is a very inspiring person.
- My mother has a warm, kind and energetic personality that tends to make people gravitate towards her.
- She also enjoys organizing activities and events and is wonderful at bringing together people, no matter how at odds they are with each other.
- Her favourite poet is Mahakavi Bharathiyar, a pioneer of modern Tamil poetry.
- One of my mother’s favourite short stories is T.F.Powy’s “Lie thee down,oddity.”
- She is a wonderful short story writer in Tamil and of course, I am biased.
- My mother’s favourite comfort food is fresh bread and steamed vegetables.
- My mother is obsessive about her morning and evening walks. I think it was her personal time to collect her thoughts and de-stress away from us when we were children and now, it is mainly for health reasons.
I do admire and enjoy each of the blogs that I follow and look forward to discovering new ones. In the meantime, I nominate the following seven inspiring blogs from the lovely blogs that I follow, for the Shine on award and hope they choose to pass it on.
- Fig & Quince – I love the Persian cuisine and culture posts of Team Azita, Fari & Felfeli on their delightful blog and am enjoying trying out the veganized version of the stews and soups posted on the blog.
- Iceland in the company of heroes – I love the travel stories and photos of Iceland posted on this blog, as described by the Edinburgh university graduate who hitchhiked around Iceland exploring the places described in Njals saga.
- La petite paniere – Linda’s delightful food blog with many recipes that I have bookmarked to try out.
- Poppy’s Patisserie – One of my favourite baking blogs and whose recipes I have tried out several times.
- This is thirty – I admire Laura’s commitment to her passion for running and enjoy her thoughtful posts, plus her gluten-free, vegan recipes.
- Travel Cathay – Given that I have a special interest in the theme, particularly Yunnan, I love this blog that focuses on ancient and ethnic villages of China.
- Yallah, bye – I particularly like the sketches and accompanying short narratives of his travels that Nicholas Andriani posts on his blog.
Have a lovely week!