Today’s curry recipe is one of the dishes that I like a lot – pudalangai kulambu or snake gourd curry.
Time taken: 30 mins
Serves 2 or 3
- Snake gourd – 1 cup, chopped
- Onion – ½ , chopped
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Tamarind – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Low fat oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion and fenugreek seeds for a couple of minutes.
- Then, add another tbsp oil to the pan and add the chopped snake gourd and curry leaves. Continue frying for a few minutes.
- Add the tamarind and milk to the pan, together with the curry powder and salt to taste. Let the curry cook for about 10 – 15 mins over medium heat.
- Remove pan from stove when the gravy thickens.
- Serve warm with rice or pittu.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.