Today’s recipe is a lovely tomato and potato curry, which my mother calls her tomatish potato dish. It is a simple and easy to prepare dish that you will certainly like.
Tomato and Potato Curry
Time taken: 30 mins
- Potato – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – ½
- Green chilli – 1
- Crushed red chillies – 1 tsp
- Ginger – ½ tsp, crushed
- Garlic – ½ tsp, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- Low fat oil, for frying
- Boil the potato and then, peel and chop it into smaller pieces.
- Lightly fry the potato pieces and keep aside.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and lightly fry the chopped green chilli, ginger and garlic. Add the chopped tomato pieces and crushed red chillies to the pan and continue frying for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and transfer its contents to a blender to grind it to a paste.
- Transfer the tomato paste back to the pan and heat it over a low heat.
- Add the fried potato pieces to the pan and salt, to taste. Stir well.
- Serve the tomato and potato curry with rice or pittu.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.