Pittu is a dish that my mother often makes for dinner. She generally makes rice flour pittu. One of the varieties that she occasionally makes is the atta flour pittu, the recipe of which is given below.
Atta flour pittu
Time taken: 25 mins
- Atta flour – 1 ½ cups
- Coconut – 3 tbsp, freshly scraped
- Salt – pinch
- Roast the atta flour over low heat for 5 mins.
- Remove from stove and add the salt.
- While still hot, stir in water at room temperature until the mixture becomes coarse, small particles.
- Add the freshly scraped coconut and mix well.
- Steam the pittu for 10 mins.
- Serve warm with any curry.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.