As this blog does require recipes that I record of my mother’s cooking or sent in by others and I also wish to be a bit more active on my other blogs, I will be making weekly or bi-weekly posts rather than daily posts as I did in the first few months of this blog.
Spicy Cabbage Curry
Time taken: 25 mins
- Cabbage – 1 ½ cup, shredded
- Carrot – 1 tbsp, finely chopped (optional)
- Capsicum/ Malu miris – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Green chilli – 1, chopped
- Onion – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Fenugreek – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Garlic – 1 or 2, finely chopped
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat a tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion, garlic, capsicum, chilli, curry leaves and fenugreek seeds for a couple of mins.
- Then, add the shredded cabbage and optional carrot to the pan and continue stir-frying for around 5 mins.
- Add the coconut milk, curry powder and salt, to taste and let the curry cook for around 10 mins.
- Remove the pan from the stove and mix 1 tsp lime juice into the pan.
- Serve warm with rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.