I had a post pending so I thought I would go ahead and post it before the New Year dawned.
Congratulations and Thank you, Susan, for nominating my blog for the quaint Dragon’s Loyalty Award. As a subscriber of Susan’s lovely blog, I am happy to accept the nomination. I would also like to congratulate Radhika @ SugarnSpice blog for her first award within a week of starting her lovely food blog. Thank you, Radhika, for nominating me for the Liebster award!
I understand that part of accepting the Dragon’s Loyalty Award nomination means that I share seven things about me and nominate up to fifteen blogs.
As I have already posted a full post (answering ten questions, random facts, new nominations) for my first Liebster award nomination, I will go in for an abbreviated acceptance post and simply combine the random things for both awards. So here goes:
Seven random things about me:
- The Weligama bay area, on the southern coast, is one of my favourite spots in Sri Lanka.
- I once raised a baby squirrel, that had fallen into our home, when I was a kid. I named the squirrel Rikki, short for Rikki-Tikki-Tavi.
- The first play that I saw was at the age of 6 and it was the performance of Shakespeare’s “The Tempest” at the British Council in Jakarta. Since then, I have been a fan of the theatre.
- I am fond of instant soup noodles – Indomie was my favourite as a child and now, I tolerate other brands such as Maggie and Ramen.
- I generally find shopping tiresome and prefer shopping only when there is an absolute necessity and with specific lists in my hand.
- I used to have a habit of collecting books and while I am trying to get rid of that habit, I still enjoy libraries and bookstores.
- One of my favourite musical pieces by Ravi Shankar and Yehudi Menuhin:
I would like to nominate the following lovely blogs for the two awards and of course, taking it forward is optional.
Dragon Loyalty Award:
- fashion, food and flirts
- Healthy H’ohm’e
- Homemade in Hong Kong
- Ice Cream Magazine
- Kitchen Cici
- La Petite Paniere
- Little bits of nice
- Sugar ‘n’ Spice
- the vegan kitchen of dr caligari
- Violet’s Veg*n e-Comics
- Dinner Bank
- Ekaterina Botziou
- Honk if you’re vegan
- Spontaneous Tomato
- Tasty Eats
- The Novice Gardener
- This is Thirty
- Watch Hatch Fly
May the new year bring you peace and contentment! Happy New Year!