Today’s recipe is that of a cutlet my mother made recently. She likes experimenting with her cutlet mixtures and this time, she tried jackfruit and the result was delicious.
Time taken: 40 mins
- Raw, unripe jackfruit – 4 or 5 pieces
- Onion – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Chillies – ½ tsp, finely chopped
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Ginger – ½ “, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Multi-purpose flour, for light batter
- Bread crumbs, for rolling the cutlets
- Low fat oil, for deep-frying
- Boil the jackfruit with salt for about 15 to 20 mins.
- Chop it and then coarsely grind it to get about ½ cup of the ground, cooked jackfruit. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the finely chopped onion, garlic, ginger, chillies as well as the pepper and fennel seeds to the mixing bowl. Mix well. Divide the seasoned jackfruit mixture into four balls.
- Make a light batter by mixing ½ cup of water with some multi-purpose flour.
- Dip the cutlet balls in the batter and then roll in the breadcrumbs, before deep-frying till the cutlets are golden brown.
- Serve hot with rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.