Today’s recipe is that of a simple potato curry that is easy and quick to prepare when you are not in the mood for preparing something elaborate. What’s more, you are sure to like the results. For those who do not like their curries dry, check out the other potato curry recipe.
Potato curry – the drier version.
Time taken: 30 mins
- Potatoes – 2, large
- Onions – 2, large
- Curry powder – 1 or 2 tsp
- Salt, as required
- Low fat oil – 3 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes. After the potatoes are boiled, peel and chop them into smaller pieces. Mix in the curry powder and some salt and keep aside.
- Clean and chop the onions. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion for about 5 to 10 mins.
- Once the onions starts changing colour and the aroma wafts about, add the seasoned, boiled potatoes to the pan and mix well. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Serve warm with roti or pittu.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.