Re-posting a recipe from the first week of this blog.
Mashed Pumpkin Salad
Time taken – 20 minutes
Serves – 4
- Pumpkin – 250g
- Coconut milk – 2 or 3 tbsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Onion – 1 medium sized, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lime juice
- Chop the pumpkin into chunks, does not need to be small, and leaving the skin on. Remove seeds and clean the chunks.
- Boil the pumpkin until it is tender and cooked, for around 15 minutes. Remove skin and mash the pumpkin.
- Add the coconut milk, green chillies, onion to the mashed pumpkin and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, according to your taste, as well as some lime juice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.