Re-posting this salad recipe today. It is a recipe of my great-grandmother, as remembered and quite often replicated by my mother at home.
Ash plantain peel salad
Preparation time: 10 mins
- Skin of ash plantains – 2, boiled
- Grated coconut – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1, small and chopped
- Chilli or red capsicum -1, chopped
- Pepper and Salt, to taste
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Finely chop the boiled ash plantain skin. Mix with salt.
- Add the grated coconut, chopped onion and chilli to the ash plantain skin and mix well.
- Season with pepper and lime juice and salt, to taste.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.