When you have some ripe mangoes at hand and you don’t feel like eating them just sliced as you usually do, then you could try out this quick to make, dessert for one.
Time taken: 10 mins
- Mango – ½ cup, ground
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Orange juice – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Yellow colour – drop or two
- Corn flour – 3 tbsp
- Raisins – ½ tsp
- Cashewnuts – ½ tsp, crushed
- Vegetable oil margarine – 1 tsp
- Blend the mango without water.
- In a saucepan, heat the ground mango with 2 tbsp sugar, ¼ tsp vanilla essence and 1 tbsp of water, stirring continuously for a minute or two. If you like a little citrus flavour to your pudding, add a tbsp of orange juice.
- Add the corn flour, stirring in a tbsp at a time. Continue stirring for 3-4 mins. If making for more than one person, consider using corn starch dissolved in water instead of corn flour.
- Add the raisins and crushed cashewnuts and stir for a min.
- Add the margarine and mix well. Remove the saucepan from stove and transfer the pudding to a mold.
- Serve plain or with some ice-cream on the side.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.