Today’s recipe is one of my mother’s sauce recipes. For another of my mother’s similarly interesting sauce recipes, check out ash plantain and carrot with beetroot sauce.
Beans with Carrot Sauce
Time taken: 30 mins
- Beans – 1 cup, chopped
- Carrot – 1
- Onion – ½
- Ginger – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 tsp, finely chopped
- Green chilli – 1
- Low fat oil – 1 tbsp
- Clean and chop the beans and carrots. Boil the beans and carrots in water, adding a little salt, for about 10 mins.
- Separate the cooked carrots from the beans. Drain the beans, keeping the water aside for re-use. Transfer the cooked beans to the serving dish.
- Heat a tbsp oil in a pan and fry the chopped onion, ginger, garlic and chilli for a couple of mins before adding the cooked carrots and continuing to stir-fry for an extra minute or two.
- After cooling slightly, blend the carrot mixture from the pan.
- In a sauce pan, heat the previously cooked water, together with the ground carrot mixture, that was kept aside. Adjust salt, as per taste.
- Pour the carrot sauce over the beans and serve warm.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.