Today’s recipe is a lovely snack – fritters. I like the ash plantain fritters more than the onion ones.
Ash plantain and Onion fritters
Time taken: 40 mins
- Ash plantain – 1
- Onion – 1
- Wheat flour – ½ cup
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ sp
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Low fat oil, for deep-frying
- Boil the ash plantain and then peel. Slice the cooked plantain lengthwise into 4.
- Peel the onion and slice them, such that the rings in each slice do not fall apart.
- Make the batter by mixing the wheat flour, chilli powder, turmeric, salt and pepper with ½ cup of water.
- Dip the ash plantain and onion slices into the batter, coating them well.
- Deep-fry the batter coated ash plantain and onion slices until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with tea or as a side-dish at lunch lunch.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.