Of the four soya bean dishes my mother prepared last week, I like this easy-to-prepare soya bean and kangkung stir fry dish the most.
Soya bean and Kangkung stir-fry
Time taken: 15 mins (with pre-cooked soya beans)
- Soya beans – ¼ cup, boiled
- Kangkung – ½ cup, chopped
- Onion – ½
- Green chilli – 1
- Dried red chilli – 1
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Coconut – 1 tbsp
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Low fat oil – 1 tbsp
- Clean and finely chop the kangkung.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and sauté the fennel seeds, chopped green and dried red chillies and onion for 1-2 mins.
- Add the soya beans to the pan. Stir fry for another 2 mins.
- Mix in the kangkung and cook for 2- 3 mins over low heat.
- Add the freshly scraped coconut and continue stir frying for a few minutes before adding the curry powder. Continue cooking for another couple of minutes before removing pan from stove.
- Serve warm with rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.