Today’s soya bean recipe is a nice soya bean curry that I like.
Soya bean curry
Time taken: 20 mins (with pre-cooked soya beans)
- Soya beans – ½ cup, boiled
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – ½
- Fennel seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Rampe/ Pandan leaf – piece
- Salt, to taste
- Low fat oil – 1 tsp
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and sauté the fennel and fenugreek seeds, chopped onion and curry leaves for a couple of mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan. Stir and add ½ cup of water.
- Add the curry powder, rampe leaf and salt, to taste and cook for about 5 mins.
- Mix in the cooked soya beans and cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve with rice or pittu or bread.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.