Time taken: 1 hour + soaking time for chickpeas (if not using canned)
- Chickpeas – ½ cup, ground
- Onion – ½, chopped
- Green chilli – 1, chopped
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – few, chopped
- Wheat flour – ¼ cup
- Bread crumbs
- Low fat oil, for deep-frying
- Cook the chickpeas (if not using canned) for at least 30 mins and then grind it.
- Take ½ cup of the ground chickpeas in a mixing bowl and add the chopped onions and chilli.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss the coriander leaves into the mix.
- Toss the chickpeas mixture together and then divide into 4 balls.
- Prepare a batter by mixing the wheat flour with a little water.
- Coat the 4 cutlet balls in the batter and then roll them in the bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry the cutlets in low-fat oil over medium heat.
- Transfer the cutlets to a plate lined with grease absorbing paper, before serving.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.