The second recipe for today is a simple and delicious curry that my mother sometimes makes.
This weekend, I will be posting guest blogger posts on a couple of non-vegetarian specialties from the central and southern provinces of Sri Lanka.
Brinjal and Green Peas Curry
Time taken: 15 – 20 mins
- Brinjal – 1
- Chilli – 1
- Onion – ½
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Coconut milk or non-fat milk – 1 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Lime juice – 1 tsp + slice (for garnish)
- Chop up the brinjal, onion and chilli into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, add all the ingredients and cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 mins until the curry comes together.
- Remove from heat and mix a tsp of lime juice in the curry.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and serve with some rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.