Another cookie recipe, of my mother, for those looking for diabetic friendly snacks.
Time taken: 40 mins
- Peanuts – ½ cup, coarsely ground
- Multi-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Oats – ¼ cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Vegetable margarine – ¾ cup
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence – few drops
- Heat the margarine and sugar in a saucepan till the margarine melts and the mixture thickens. Remove saucepan from stove.
- Stir in the oats and coarsely ground peanuts into the sugar and margarine mixture in the saucepan. Add a few drops of vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour with baking powder and cocoa powder. Add the flour to the rest of the ingredients. Add a little water so that it is easier to bring the cookie dough together.
- Divide the dough into 28 balls.
- Bake at 220⁰C/428⁰F for 15 mins.
- Cool before serving.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.