Today’s recipe is a simple and quick to prepare beans dish.
Time taken: 20 mins
- Green beans – 1 cup, chopped
- Garlic – 3 cloves, chopped
- Onion – ½, chopped
- Red chilli – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Scraped coconut – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Low fat oil – 1 tbsp
- Clean the beans and chop it up into small pieces. Add some salt and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped onion, garlic, red chilli, curry leaves and fennel seeds to the pan. Stir-fry for about 2 mins.
- Then, add the chopped and salted beans to the pan and fry for a few mins.
- Add ½ cup of water to the pan and continue cooking the beans on low heat.
- Once the water evaporates or dries up in 5 – 10 mins, add 2 tbsp scraped coconut, ½ tsp turmeric, 1 tsp pepper and mix well. Stir-fry for 2 mins and remove from stove.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.