Today, I will share what my mother calls her ‘Ayurvedic’ salad because of the vegetables she uses in it. This salad is particularly good for regulating your sugar and cholesterol levels. I like it because it is colourful and crunchy and combines a vegetable I don’t like so much – radish – in a more appetising way.
Time taken: 5 – 10 mins
- Radish – 3 tbsp, grated
- Bitter gourd – 2 tbsp, grated
- Tomato – 2 tbsp, finely chopped
- Onion – 3 tbsp, finely chopped
- Carrot – 2 tbsp, grated
- Coriander – a few leaves, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- Place the salad ingredients – grated radish, bitter gourd, carrot and the chopped onion and tomato – in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to combine.
- Garnish with coriander and drizzle some lime juice over the salad.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.