Today’s recipe is a curry recipe of my mother that I really like. It is a simple and delicious curry.
Vegetable coconut curry or Vellai curry, as it is known in Tamil
Time taken: 20 – 25 mins
- Cauliflower – ½ cup, chopped
- Potato – ½ cup, chopped
- Green peas – ¼ cup
- Carrot – ½ cup, chopped
- Onion – ¼, chopped
- Chilli – 1, chopped
- Coconut milk – ¼ cup
- Pepper – ½ tsp
- Lime juice – 1 tsp, or more as per taste
- Heat 1 tsp oil and sauté the chopped onion and chilli for a minute in a pan.
- Then, add all the chopped vegetables to the pan along with 1 cup of water and cook the vegetables for 10 mins.
- Add the coconut milk to the pan and cook the curry for another 5 mins.
- Add the pepper and cook for a couple of minutes before removing from heat.
- Squeeze some fresh lime/ lemon juice over the vegetable curry and serve with rice.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.