This morning, I will share my mother’s recipe for murungai ilai kanji. My mother makes different types of kanji occasionally for breakfast but I like this one the best.
Murungai Ilai Kanji
Time taken: 20 mins
Serves 1 or 2
- Red raw rice – 3 tbsp
- Murungai ilai/ Moringa leaves – 3 tbsp, chopped or ground
- Carrot – ¼, chopped
- Onion –1 tsp, chopped
- Bean – 1, chopped
- Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
- Cook the rice in a pan with 1 cup of water for about 5 mins.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and cook for another 10 – 15 mins.
- Add the salt and pepper, to taste. Mix and cook for a couple of minutes before removing from the heat.
- Squeeze some lime juice before serving hot.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.