This is the most common way my mother makes bean curd at home.
Fried bean curd
Cooking time: 15 – 20 minutes
- Bean curd – 150 g
- Onion – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Garlic – 2 or 3 cloves
- Capsicum – 1 or green chillies – 3
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tbsp
- Low fat oil (sunflower or canola) – 2 tsp
- Cut the bean curd into 1 inch pieces and deep fry the pieces until browned.
- Chop onion, ginger, garlic and chillies.
- Heat the oil in the pan and sauté the chopped onion, ginger, garlic and chillies.
- Add the soya sauce and tomato sauce and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the fried bean curd pieces and fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or soup noodles.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.