This Jaffna curry powder is specifically used when making fish curries. It can also be used for making crab scraps gravy.
This quantity of curry powder can be used for 12 – 15 dishes.
- Dried red chillies – ½ cup, chopped
- Coriander seeds – ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/3 cup
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek – 2 tsp
- Turmeric piece – 1 small piece
- Dried ginger – small piece
- Pepper – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Dry roast the ingredients lightly. Then, grind the roasted ingredients into a mixed spice powder.
- Store the curry powder in an airtight container.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.