This dish is particularly made for people recovering from severe illness and mothers recuperating from childbirth.
Sura Sarakku Kulambu
- Shark/ sura – 10 pieces
- Onion – 1
- Salt, to taste
- Tamarind extract – 1 ½ cup
- Sarakku powder mix (Coriander – 3 tbsp, Cinnamon – 2 tbsp, Pepper – 1 tsp, Turmeric – ½ tsp, Fenugreek – 1 tsp)
- Clean the shark pieces and place them in a pan.
- Chop up the onion and add to the pan. Pour some water and add some salt and cook on low heat for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add the sarakku powder to the pan and add the tamarind extract.
- Let the curry simmer for another 10 minutes or until the curry thickens and is not watery.
Recipe Source: Raji Thillainathan.