In lieu of a basic intro, I will quote a line from Indika’s email:
“you don’t eat kiribath with pol sambol it should be lunu miris.”
So, Indika’s second recipe for the day is the traditional combination of kiribath with lunu miris.
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 cup rice
- Coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- Soak 1 cup rice in water for few minutes.
- Boil the rice with coconut milk till rice is very soft (When adding coconut milk mix pinch of salt to the coconut milk and add it to the rice).
- When the rice is boiling mix with a wooden spoon.
(b) Lunu miris
- 10 small onions cut into pieces
- 02 tablespoons crushed red chillies
- Pinch of table salt
- Few drops lemon juice
- Add first three ingredients together and mix it in a grinder for 01 minute.
- Take the mixture out and add the lemon juice.
- Serve with Kiribath.
Recipe Source: Indika K.