(c) Potato curry
Cooking time – 20 mins
Serves 4 – 5 persons
- Potatoes – 2 large
- Onion -1 medium sized
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Rampe leaf/ pandan
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Water – 2 cups
- Non-fat milk – ½ cup + ¼ cup (optional) – Can substitute with coconut milk, if vegan
- Curry powder – 2 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Low fat oil (Canola or sunflower) – 1 tbsp
- Cut the potatoes into small chunks.
- Heat a little oil in a pan. Saute the fenugreek, onion, rampe and curry leaves for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes to the pan, mix well and fry for about two minutes till there is a nice aroma of fried potatoes.
- Add 2 cup of water and ½ cup of milk. Add the curry powder and salt to taste.
- Cook the curry for around 10 to 15 mins. When the liquid dries up, it can be removed from heat.
- If you like the curry in gravy, add the optional ¼ cup milk and cook a few minutes more before removing from heat.
Recipe source: Raji Thillainathan.